- Degree: Bachelor of Commerce (Bcom)
- Language: English
- Starts in: September and February
A Bachelor study programme which teaches you to become an international business manager.
Details about the Bachelor International Business and Languages
- This is one of the best International Business and Languages study programmes in the Netherlands according to independent research;
- Excellent international job opportunities after graduation;
- (paid) internships during the last study year;
- You will spend 6 months at a foreign partner school in the UK, USA, Canada or choose from many more;
- Subjects include Management and Organisation, Psychology, Cross Cultural Management, Economic Calculation and tuition in three modern languages (English and either French, German or Spanish);
- Low tuition fees compared to other English speaking studies;
- Over 6 different nationalities are currently studying at this Bachelor study programme.
The study International Business & Languages consists of two phases: the first year foundation course and the main phase. You can also choose the variant option European Entrepreneurship and two years of studying abroad.
The first year - foundation phase
The first year will include 3 modern languages, management & organisation, marketing, economic studies, psychology, mathematics and statistics. In this year you lay the foundation for your study.
The second, third and fourth year - Main phase
The main phase of the first year courses are developed. You go deeper into the three modern languages which you will have chosen and you will get courses like Cross Cultural Management, Public Relations and Information Science & Law.
Part of the study International Business and Languages at Stenden University of Applied Sciences is thematic teaching. It is the practical implementation of your study. You work in small groups on specific topics. An example of an assignment in the fourth year is designing an international marketing plan for exporting a product to France or Germany.
You complete your study with a thesis. This thesis consist conducting a research in a company.
To gain international experience, the first half of the third academic year you study abroad. Your internship is preferably abroad, but of course it is possible to do your internship at an international company located in the Netherlands.
Stenden College has plenty of contacts with foreign schools and universities. This makes it possible for you to study in the most beautiful cities in Europe such as Alicante, Genoa and Edinburgh.
Wouldn't it be great to spend the last two years of the main stage studying abroad? You can do that if you choose for the variant option European Entrepreneurship. You study for two years at four different European schools. It is the best way to prepare for an international career and building an international network.
After completion of the course International Business & Languages, you're officially a Bachelor of Commerce. This title gives you the opportunity to start with a Master study programme. You can get a Master title in international business, communication sciences or a language.
Excellent job opportunities
After completion of the study programme International Business & Languages, you can apply for many great international jobs.
Examples of future jobs:
- Export Manager
- Sales manager
- International account manager
- External Affairs Staff
- Communications Officer / Manager