Bachelor in Fashion Design
The Fashion Design (FD) department offers a program leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree. The FD department seeks to teach practical techniques currently used in the fashion industry and instill a creative sense of fashion. Through the program, students will learn how to work with materials and develop skills including design, flat patterns, draping, fashion illustration, fashion marketing, and knitting. The basics of the overall fashion industry are taught to students so they can be successful in whichever area of fashion they wish to pursue in their careers.
What are the benefits?
- Company internships
- Career development program
- Student exchange program
- Fashion shows
Interesting classes I might take
- Pattern Making
- Fashion Draping
- Fashion Material
- Textile Design
- Art to Wear
- Fashion Marketing
What careers can I pursue with a degree in FD?
- Fashion designer
- Fashion marketing
What are MIU FD graduates doing now?
- Working in fashion design either for clothing companies or for new businesses.
- Studying for graduate degrees at universities in Korea and in the United States.
- Major index: D543600
- Major: Fashion design
- Duration: 4 years
- Enrollor education level: High school
- Course type: Day time
- Course credit: 122(3)
- Credits from General courses: 36 credit
- Credits form major basic courses: 47 credit
- Credits from advanced level major courses: 39 credit
- Research paper: 3 credit ( elective )
- Total: 122/3 credit