BA (Hons) International Fashion Business (one year top-up)
This one year course is designed for people who have successfully completed two years of a related degree course, or equivalent qualification such as a HND or Foundation Degree. It will give you a truly global perspective of the fashion industry, covering a wide range of areas including planning, research, sourcing, manufacturing, marketing and management processes. The course content has been created to suit people who wish to pursue a career path with either a creative or business focus. Why choose this course? You will have the opportunity to:
• work on live projects and competitions in collaboration with brands and organisations within the fashion and related industries
• develop an international perspective though overseas visits to a major fashion capital
• work collaboratively on promotional and live events
• focus on an area of study that is of personal interest to you and relevant to your career aspirations
• develop visual merchandising design and communication and analytical skills through the use of industry standard software such as Tex-Store, Lectra, PhotoShop and InDesign
• visit fashion centres and industry locations throughout the UK and Europe
• become members of local and national fashion industry agencies and forums, such as Emtex Designer Forum.
What do our students say? “International Fashion Business has been a life-changing experience and has positioned me for the right career path.” Chundeep Padam, BA (Hons) International Fashion Business
How many places are available on this course?
There are 15 places available.
When does the course start?
This course starts in September.
How will I learn?
The teaching and learning methods used on this course will help you to develop a range of professional skills alongside academic knowledge. All five modules have slightly different approaches to learning but will include:
• visits to industry head offices and retail stores
• attendance at conference events
• visual technology skills
• team working workshops.
Group and individual tutorials will give you an opportunity to receive feedback on your work in progress and to help support you in managing your workload effectively. You will also be involved in self-directed work where you will have the support of NOW, our virtual learning environment.
What will I study?
The course is one year in duration and divided into five modules.
October – June
• Personal Project (40 credits)
October – February
• Product Development and Selection (20 credits)
• Fashion and Lifestyle Trend Prediction (20 credits)
February – June
• Global Sourcing and Production (20 credits)
• Fashion Brand Marketing and Promotion (20 credits)
Employability is a key focus of this course, with modules including initiatives to help enhance this. Examples include:
• live projects with industry
• flexible arrangements for work experience placements and internship opportunities
• visiting professionals
• specialist careers guidance
• national and international competitions; and
• industry visits.
You will need to have successfully completed one of the following:
• Year Two of a fashion / textiles related degree course
• a HND course in fashion / textiles or related discipline
• a Foundation Degree in a related fashion/textiles discipline.
You will also need:
• examples of your work (portfolio, written essays or reports relevant to the course)
• UK students should have GCSE Maths and English grade C (literature or language) or above
There are also English language requirements for International and EU students.
To join this course in September 2013 you need to apply to us by 15 January 2013.
Applications received after this date will be marked as late and only considered if places are still available, after all on-time applications have been assessed.
The admissions process
Selection for this course takes places through UCAS application form and where invited:
• UK applicants – interview and portfolio (if a portfolio is available)
• Overseas applicants – work submission.
Once we have received your UCAS application we will ask you to submit an additional statement to us explaining why you wish to study this particular course at NTU.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2016